|Product Name:||Buck 505 Knight Lockback Folding Knife|
|Type of Knife:||Folding Hunting Knife|
|Blade Type:||Drop Point|
|Blade Material:||Stainless Steel|
|Blade Length:||1 7/8″|
|Closed Length:||2 3/4″|
|Warranty:||4-Ever Lifetime Warranty|
(hover to zoom)
(tap once to zoom, tap left, right, top, bottom to move image, tap outside of image to cancel)
Buck 505 Knight Lockback Folding Knife
If you are looking for a nice small gentleman’s pocket knife that is made in the USA, the Buck 505 Knight might be just what you’re looking for. With its slimline design and classic look, it makes for a great EDC (Every Day Carry) pocket knife, especially since it only weighs 1.5 ounces. This knife is the smallest knife in the Buck 500 series, and is great for lightweight usage. If you’re looking for a medium or heavy-duty pocket knife, this isn’t your knife. If you are looking for a small EDC then read on! This might make a great alternative to the Buck 110 folding pocket knife if you are looking for something smaller.
The drop point blade on the Buck 505 pocket knife checks in at 1 7/8 inches long and is made from 420HC stainless steel. This type of steel is not the hardest steel available, but Buck is known for using a great heat treatment and uses high quality 420HC steel. Although this type of steel is not the hardest steel and therefore does not hold an edge as long as possible, it makes for a blade is very resistant to corrosion, holds an edge fairly well, and is easily sharpened.
The handle on the Buck 505 is made from treated birchwood panels and is held together by nickle silver bolsters. The length of the knife when folded is 2.75 inches, which makes it hardly noticeable in your pocket and a great small EDC knife. The handle sports a lockback locking mechanism, adding a measure of safety while you using the knife. Some people say that they notice the blade does not close as well after the knife has seen a lot of use, but I’ve used a Buck 505 since I was a kid and I’ve never had a problem with mine.
- Very sharp right out of the box
- Buck’s 4-Ever Lifetime Warranty
- The blade stays sharp for a long time
- Easily sharpened
- It has a lockback locking mechanism for safety when in use
- The knife is decently durable, can handle a lot of use
- Great for small uses
- Some people say they experience a bit of left & right play in the blade.
- Some people also say that the opening and closing of the knife is not as smooth as it could be, but a bit of oil and a lot of opening and closing of the blade can take care of this
- No sheath comes with the Buck 505 like most Buck knives
- After a lot of use, the handle sometimes acquires a slight yellowish tint
- Only good for small uses due to its size
So what’s the verdict on the Buck 505 Knight Lockback Pocket Knife?
If you’re looking for a small every day pocket knife, the Buck 505 Knight would be a great choice in this price range. It can slice through paper with ease right out of the box, retains an edge decently well, and is easily sharpened. With proper care, it could be a knife that you will hand down to a special new owner some day. With its classic look and sharp little blade, it will get the job done for you – at least the small jobs!